Thursday, November 02, 2006

Kerry Unapologetic

John Kerry's knock on the troops in Iraq as uneducated has put him under a great deal of criticism. Many have called for him to apologize--something he said earlier he would not do. He has stood by that statement. The "apology" the press is telling us he made is in fact not an apology. They are accomplices to Kerry and the Democrats in trying to sweep this whole thing under the rug and let us forget what Kerry said so it doesn't haunt them on Election Day.

Kerry's statement reads:
________________________________
"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended.

It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don’t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops."

This of course is a non-apology--something our society is notorious for and that countless politicians are guilty of making.
_______________________________
It is typical that rather than humbling admitting wrongdoing, it shifts blame onto those who "misinterpreted" him. His "sincere regret" is only that people misunderstood him. It is only after that statement that he apologizes to those who were offended.

So he is only apologetic because we were so foolish as to misinterpret him. Not only that, but he then shifts the focus from his offensive remarks to the Republican's "failed security policy." He couldn't make the statement without taking a shot at his political opponents.

John Kerry is not the least bit broken or humbled by the experience, but rather is as arrogant and condescending in his non-apology as he was in making the statement in the first place. What a jerk.

1 comment:

Psyclist said...

I agree with your assessment on apologies. It is like saying, "I'm sorry you were hurt when I punched you in the face." versus "I'm sorry I punched you in the face."

I am quite sure that Kerry was trying to skewer Bush. But, as usual, he can't deliver any message well. I hope this finally puts Kerry to bed as a candidate for anything other than the Senate. The last thing the Dems need is another run by Kerry for president.