Friday, July 10, 2009

Manhood

Guys, do you still have the feeling that you're just a boy in a man's body? Do you just want life to continue as it did when you were a kid? I confess that I have these kinds of feelings myself. I doubt I'm alone in this. The evidence is all around us that these kinds of feelings are ubiquitous in men. Here is a glaring example--The Man Wall.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the occasional indulgence in boyish fantasies. Such fantasies are some of life's greatest joys--particularly when you can share them with your own children, nieces, nephews, or grandchildren. But these things should never be the center of one's adult life. The Man Wall, and other such things are clear demonstrations that pleasure, leisure, and diversion are the gods of our age.

Suppressing boyishness and embracing manhood has become one of the greatest challenges of our time. Never before have men been presented the opportunity for such indulgence. Men, suppress the desire for eternal boyhood and take up the mantle of manhood!

3 comments:

Tom said...

that is the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Renae said...

how did you come upon this "man wall"???

John said...

http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2009/07/07/um-the-man-wall/