Wednesday, July 27, 2011

IRA and 401k Confiscation

Nearly two years ago I wrote about how I was reconsidering the legitimacy of IRA and 401k accounts for retirement.  My concern stemmed from the fact that the government limits your ownership of the money until retirement as well as the prospect of government confiscation.  Since then I've seen countless articles discussing the possibility of the government confiscating individual retirement accounts and forcing the money into treasuries.

Today I encountered one from a relatively unlikely source, The American Thinker.  I don't read The American Thinker often, in fact, I only do so when get linked to it.  My impression is that they are a fairly mainstream conservative site, not conspiratorial or fringe-libertarian.  I suggest you read the article yourself and rethink your willingness to participate in these government programs.

--------------------------------------------------------
Buy and store gold abroad at BullionVault.
Get free shipping on your gold and silver purchase at Lear Capital.
Buy and Store Gold at Goldmoney.

No comments: